Autumn is my most favorite season. Pumpkin everything, warm spices, cooler air…It makes me want to both hike and snuggle next to the fireplace all at the same time. Although sometimes these fall days get long with little ones in toe, it always brightens our day to take the time to celebrate whenever we can with a little spiced fall fun.
Those who follow me know that I like quick clean recipes and I want these healthy morsels to taste good, be kid friendly and family approved as they say! Being in the fitness industry can be difficult sometimes with all the pressures to both eat and look a certain way. But, I feel like you CAN have ‘your cake and eat it too’ so to speak. You can raise a healthy fit family and still eat muffins, cookies, essentially fats and carbs and still both be in shape and lose weight if that is your goal. You don’t need to deprive yourself of one of Gods good pleasures—FOOD! I am kind of passionate about this <3. Maybe that is why most of my recipes end up being desserts, lol!!
I want to give my children a healthy relationship with food and break the old bad family cycles of unhealthy eating and mindsets before they continue with another generation. I want them to know what’s healthy and understand the difference between real and artificial ingredients. I also want them to have a good relationship with food In general and not feel pressured to give up a food group to look or feel a certain way (Though I am not talking about food allergies, sensitivities, or other medical/personal reasons in doing so). I want them to enjoy the season, enjoy the holidays and enjoy life!
So I hope you enjoy this recipe. It has already been approved by my picky eaters so I have a hunch you will love it too!!
SPROUTED PUMPKIN MUFFINSINGREDIENTSprep time/total time: 5 min, yields 12 muffinsoven: 350, 18min
- 1 cup of sprouted spelt flour (or any flour)
- 1/2 cup of raw organic whole oats (or reg. oats)
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- I also added a dash of ginger and clove
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4th tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (*can try vegan egg)
- 1/2 cup of raw honey (honey*or maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup of butter melted (*or coconut oil, or I used vegan spread)
- 1 cup of organic pumpkin puree (*or regular)
- 1 tps vanilla extract
NOTES*I added Dark Chocolates in after mixing (Enjoy Life has a dairy free version).
- WAIT FOR IT…It’s difficult.. throw it all in a bowl, mix together and voila it’s done! I know I am not fancy and I don’t separate out my dry from wet ingredients. Lets face it I have many sets of hands trying to eat the batter before it even makes it into the pans. If you want to separate it out before mixing go for it!
- Greece your muffin tins and fill to 2/3rds full. I added coconut to the top of some. Bake until an inserted butter knife comes out mostly clean.