We SOOOOO love bean cookies in our house and I promise you that you will have NO idea they are in there! We have two bean cookie recipes currently that we love. I am going to share with you one of our newest and eventually I will share with you our FAVORITE lol.
I know I am always writing about healthy sweets and that’s because I LOVE SWEETS and I want my family to enjoy that world while filling their bodies with good stuff! I definitely do not want my kids feeling deprived because my philosophy is that God has given us so many wonderful things to eat in this world and He also created sweet things! If we are wise with how and when we make these things they can be incorporated in our lives in a healthy non-weight gaining manner.
I know I have explained why I love some of the other ingredients in a past post so feel free to look at some of the other recipes posted about. Though I would like to share my love affair with Enjoy Life brand semi-sweet chocolate chunks (and mini pieces). First off they are dairy free and I only care because I’ve struggled with a dairy allergy my entire life and these are Delicious! They are derived from sustainably harvested cocoa beans; cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter-nuff said…
So I wont drag this out! 🙂
CHOCOLATE CHUNK PEANUT-BUTTER BEAN COOKIES
- 1 can organic cannallini beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup organic peanut butter or almond butter (I used a mix!)
- 2Tbs cup raw cacao (or bakers cocoa)
- ½ cup raw honey (I used a bit less and added some xylitol)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8th tsp sea salt (watch salt if using salted peanut butter)
- 2tsp vanilla
- Add in ½ cup oatmeal*
- up to ½ cup of Chocolate chips/chunks (*Dark chocolate would be a good add in)*
- Mix everything in the food processor except the oatmeal and chocolate chunks until smooth.
2. Add the chocolate chunks and pulse them in leaving them mostly chunky.
3. Remove the blade carefully and mix the oatmeal in by hand.
4. Scoop a nice sized dollop on nonstick cookie sheet. I think I got about 24 out of one batch!
5. Cook in preheated 350 deg. oven for 13 min or so till they appear no longer
wet on top.
ENJOY! I KNOW YOU WILL!!!